1. Walworth Society Monthly Meeting and Annual General Meeting – Thursday 1st March 7pm. Please find the notes from the March meeting which was also our AGM below.
Next month's meeting is Thursday 5th April - 7pm 155 Walworth Road.
The minutes of the 22nd Feb WS Committee Meeting appear below.
2. The Walworth Society AGM - Associated Papers.
Because of the proposed changes to the structure and governance of the society (12c above), there are a number of papers relating to the AGM over and above the standard reports.
2018 AGM Papers.
1. The Chair's report for activities in 2017 is below
2. The Treasurer's Report of accounts for the 2017 year is below
3. Proposed amendments to the structure and governance of the Walworth Society. The growth in our range of activities and the income that we receive coupled with discussions with funders have led us to feel that we need to become more professional and formal in the way that we are structured and in our financial governance.
We have been keen though not to lose the spontaneity and lightness on our feet that we have enjoyed to date. As a result, the Executive Committee is a) proposing that we move to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with wider membership and b) to strengthen our financial governance.
As a result we would like to put to the AGM the following draft constitution for the Walworth Society as a CIO with voting members for its consideration. There are a number of points of potential variation from the existing WS adopted constitution and those are highlighted in yellow in the pdf below. The proposals for improved financial governance appear in the minutes of the 22nd February Committee Meeting which are attached above.
Draft Proposed Walworth Society Constitution as a CIO with voting/wider members below.
For information, the current adopted constitution is below.
3. Donations Sought in aid of women & children fleeing domestic abuse in Southwark.
One of our Walworth Councillors, Samantha Jury-Dada is organising donations for women and children fleeing domestic violence. If you can help with any of the items shown below please do drop them off to Inspire at the times shown. Sam would like to send a big thanks to Inspire for all their help!!
4. Save The Cinema Museum. There is lots going on in the campaign to Save The Cinema Museum.
Come along to our meeting on Thursady to hear more plus:
1. If you have not already done so, do sign the amazing petition on Change.org - help them reach the target of 35,000 signatures!
5. Walworth Happenings: Cabaret Dada Friday 6th April
An evening of surreal Cabaret as part of the Walworth Happenings series; from 7pm on Friday 6th April at the Former Newington Library, 155 Walworth Road,SE17 1RS. Tickets are free from: