- Walworth Society General Meeting 7pm Thurs 19th November.
- Elephant At The Movies.
- Caretaker Needed.
- Southwark Council Climate Change Strategy – Consultation.
- Beehive PH – Asset of Community Value Listing.
1. Walworth Society General Meeting 7pm Thursday 19th November
Please find the action points from our 22nd October meeting here.
Our next general WS meeting will be held on Thursday 19th November at 7pm. We are really pleased that Cllr Alice Macdonald (Newington ward) will be talking to the meeting about her new role as Cabinet Member for Communities and Equalities and in particular discussing What does a great neighbourhoods approach look like in Walworth?.
1. Welcome, apologies and introductions.
2. Minutes of our 22nd October meeting and matters arising.
3. Cllr Alice Macdonald Cabinet Member for Communities & Equalities.
4. Walworth Town Hall Planning Application – likely planning committee date Monday 7th December.
5. Walworth Heritage Action Zone – Stephanie Ostrich update.
6. Southwark Council Heritage SPD and Local List.
7. New Southwark Plan – WS submissions.
8. Planning applications – 20/AP/2953 Rodney Road Hotel and 20/AP/3056 Horsley St.
9. Other current issues.
To join click here or use Zoom Meeting ID: 830 3712 8178, Passcode: 864727
2. Elephant At The Movies
Elephant at the Movies: A FREE Oscar worthy evening of movie activities. Join by using the following Zoom details: Meeting ID: 844 0596 6115, Passcode: 728015
3. Local Estate Caretaker Needed.
News from Berwick Court at the Borough.
A local estate is seeking a caretaker on a rolling contractor basis for a private residential development of 106 flats, two minutes from Borough Tube Station. For more details click here.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a welcoming, friendly environment and who takes pride in the service that they offer to the residents. The roles will be a temp-perm position for the right candidate.
Hourly rate: £12.50-£14.50 per hour depending on experience Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm with one-hour lunch break (35 hours paid a week). Job share/split considered for the right candidates.
4. Southwark Council Climate Change Strategy – Consultation.
Southwark Council has just started consulting on their draft Climate Change Strategy and the plan to make Southwark carbon neutral by 2030. The consultation runs from now to 15th January 2021.
The consultation and the draft plan can be found at:
5. Beehive PH – Asset of Community Value Listing.
We are really pleased to see that Southwark Council has recently listed 3 local pubs to be Assets of Community Value (ACVs). These include the WS nominated Beehive PH in Carter St SE17, The Bear on Camberwell New Road which was nominated by the SE5 Forum for Camberwell et al and The Ship in Borough Rd.
Details of the listings which runs to 2025 can be seen at: