1. Walworth Society General Meeting Online 7pm Thurs 21st January
Please find the action points from our 19th November meeting here.
Our next general WS meeting will be held on Thursday 21st January at 7pm. We are really pleased that we have got a packed agenda for our first general meeting of 2021.
1. Welcome, apologies and introductions.
2. Minutes of our November meeting and matters arising.
3. Census 2021 – Presentation by Vanessa Fagan Census Engagement Manager North Southwark.
4. Let’s Ear It – presentation by Sophie Rowland from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
5. Understanding Southwark and Walworth – presentation by Nicola Bacon of Social Life.
6. Walworth Town Hall.
7. Southwark Council Heritage SPD and Local List.
8. New Southwark Plan – Examination in Public.
9. Planning applications – inc. NatWest Building planning appeal.
10. Other current issues.
To join click here or use Zoom Meeting ID: 884 7110 4565 Passcode: 960782
2. Old Kent Road Area Action Plan: December 2020 Draft
News from Southwark Council
Southwark Council is consulting on the latest version of the Old Kent Road Area Action Plan from 11 January 2021 to 5 April 2021. More than 2,000 people have already had their say on the plans for the area since the council started consulting in 2015.
This latest version of the plan incorporates significant changes in response to all the feedback received from the local community since 2017.
HOW TO COMMENT ON THE OKR AAP DECEMBER 2020 DRAFT
Download the plan by clicking here.
Comments can be made via the Consultation hub. Have your say here.
Alternatively comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU WOULD LIKE A HARD COPY OF THE PLAN, SOUTHWARK COUNCIL ARE OFFERING TO POST COPIES OUT TO ANYONE WHO REQUESTS A COPY. PLEASE SEND US YOUR FULL POSTAL ADDRESS AND POSTCODE AND WE WILL PASS IT ON TO SOUTHWARK AND THEY WILL POST A COPY TO YOU. Presumably you can also request a hard copy directly from: email@example.com
|3. Heritage Supplementary Planning Document (SPD).|
News from Southwark Council
Southwark Council is consulting on a draft Heritage Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) from 11th January until 5th April 2021.
The Heritage SPD provides detailed guidance on how to apply the relevant policies of the Southwark Plan and the emerging New Southwark Plan concerning our historic environment.
The Heritage SPD also sets out further advice on how we expect development to be consistent with wider national and local legislation and policy, within which the council must operate. (WS Comment – this document also sets out how the Local List of significant heritage buildings will be developed and adopted in due course).
It has been written to provide better understanding of heritage matters and provides clear advice on the conservation, preservation and enhancement of our historic environment. It is designed for a wide readership, including applicants, building owners, residents, planners, community groups and developers.
Consultation will take place from 11 January 2021 to 5 April 2021.
HOW TO COMMENT ON THE HERITAGE SUPPLEMENTARY PLANNING DOCUMENT
The plan can be viewed by clicking here.
Comments can be made via the Consultation hub here.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WS Comment – Save the Date! Please note that there will be a special public consultation meeting about the Heritage SPD and the Local List between 6pm and 7pm Tuesday 16th February…full details to follow.
4. Community Southwark Staying Connected. Staying Safe Conference – Tuesday 19 January 2021 @ 5pm.
News from Community Southwark
An event we’re holding on (Tuesday, 19th January 2021 @ 5pm) https://www.communitysouthwark.org/Event/staying-connected-in-lockdown The event is open for all people who are resident, living, working, or volunteering in Southwark and the aim is to make sure we’re all on the same page with local covid messaging. Attendees will learn about how they can stay supported in the new lockdown with things like social isolation, food security, volunteering, the local vaccination programme, advice on health and social care matters, and covid-19 testing for local groups. Here are the items on the agenda thus far:
- Overview of support available
- Getting support if you or someone you know is experiencing social isolation
- Getting support if you have a healthcare or social care related query
- Getting support if you’re self isolating and/ or shielding
- Covid testing and safety for people volunteering
- Vaccination programme for Southwark- Frequently Asked Questions
- Volunteering and supporting locally in the lockdown
Do sign up on the Community Southwark event page.